Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Health Reform Hot Buttons

The furies continue to rage over healthcare reform and the Center for Practical Bioethics is planning some educational offerings for the Kansas City community in October.

I have no problem with argument if it could just remain civil. An article in the current Newsweek tries to analyze why the hot buttons are being pushed so fast. I’ll re-read it for some discussion next week.

But now I go to my ethics brown bag where I shall attempt to hear arguments pro and con an 85 year old’s receiving a kidney transplant.

Rationing is not a dirty word—but I just wish it were self-chosen instead of imposed.

We’re not there yet.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Stuart Rennie said...

I haven't access to the Newsweek article, but one way of making the discussion civil might be to leave the Nazis out of it.

I agree that rationing is not a dirty word. But who would 'self-impose' rationing?

Thursday, August 20, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home